Proudly Central Queensland’s largest charity running event, The 7Rocky River Run raises valuable funds in support of local charities.
Since 2008, our incredible 7Rocky River Runners have collectively raised over $100,000 for charities creating local impact in the Central Queensland region.
We are excited to share that the chosen charity for 7Rocky River Run 2024 is Fitzroy Community Hospice and we will be donating $2 from every race registration.
Fitzroy Community Hospice is a Rockhampton based not for profit organisation founded by local community members in early 2021. Its purpose is to establish and operate a professional and sustainable community based palliative care service providing the highest standard of comprehensive and holistic end of life care and compassionate support for all. The hospice will provide 24/7 specialised palliative care and support, at no cost.
Find out more about our chosen charity - visit Fitzroy Community Hospice
We encourage our 7Rocky River Run participants to make their run count by fundraising further for our chosen charity or a cause close to their own heart.
Regardless of whether you raise $5 or $5,000, every single dollar will help these worthy charities continue their incredible work within our community.
Why fundraise with a run?
Completing a running event is a rewarding and powerful way to make an impact and raise valuable funds for charity as it combines personal achievement with the motivation of knowing your running efforts are all for a good cause.
By combining your love for running with the knowledge that you’re making a positive impact in the lives of young people struggling with mental health issues, you're not only racing to the finish line but also racing toward positive change, making your race an even more motivating and fulfilling experience.
What is the best way to raise money/what are some fundraising ideas?
- While there is no right or wrong way to raise funds for the 7Rocky River River run, we’ve included some fundraising ideas to help get you started.
- Share your fundraising page. Create and share your 7Rocky River Run fundraising page via social media and other networks to encourage friends, family, and colleagues to donate.
- Hold an event. Organize an event like a charity dinner or bake sale with your friends, work colleagues, neighbourhood, or community group. If you have children, you could approach your child’s school, teacher, or childcare centre to see if they would be willing to hold a free dress day, bake sale or fundraising event too.
- Corporate Sponsorship. Approach a local business or company and ask them to sponsor your run-in exchange for promoting their brand.
- Create a team. Enter the event as a team or group and encourage your team members to create their own fundraising pages and participate alongside you, broadening your fundraising network.